San Jose California Guardianship Attorneys

Grandparent Rights Lawyers Serving San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Alameda Counties

Sometimes children need someone other than their parents to care for them, manage their affairs, and look after their best interests. Today, many grandparents raise their grandchildren, for example. But grandparents' rights to make decisions on behalf of a grandchild are limited unless they are named the child's legal guardian.

At Manassau Law Offices, P.C., our guardianship attorney can file the legal documents necessary for a person other than a parent to become a legal guardian of a minor child. Guardianship is designed to provide for the needs of children and to protect them from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.

If a child's parent have died, have become incapacitated, or are otherwise unable to care for their children, a guardian must be appointed to care for the child. Often the guardian is a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or another person interested in the child's well being.

Guardianship gives the guardian the right to make important decisions on the child's behalf including those related to education and medical care. Guardianship also allows the guardian to manage the child's assets. One person can be appointed guardian of the child while another is named guardian of the child's estate. In most cases, one person serves in both capacities.

If you have an adult child with special needs, attorney Elizabeth Manassau can arrange for a legal guardian to be named to care for your child when you are no longer able to do so.

For a consultation regarding guardianship, please contact an attorney at Manassau Law Offices, P.C. in San Jose, California today at 408-918-0010.

Contact Form

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Address777 N. 1st Street, Suite 350, San Jose, CA 95112


Facebook Twitter Google Plus